Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Reply I Got From Bank of Ireland....

...to my complaint that their branch service had become too mechanized and impersonal.

This was my email:

Today I went to the Montrose/Stillorgan branch of Bank of Ireland and I was not pleased with the change that had come over it. Instead of being dealt with by a person, I was ushered to a phone booth and asked to phone a customer service staff member. The staff member was very polite and helpful, but isn't our society dehumanized enough? I would much rather deal with a human being face-to-face, as I suspect would most people. Many thanks.

This was the reply:

Good Afternoon Mr O Ceallaigh

Thank you for contacting Bank of Ireland.

In response to your mail below, we are currently introducing new services in our branches which we hope will make banking more efficient for our customers.

We would like to thank you for your feedback. As always it is appreciated and we have forwarded it on to our Branch Network Team.

Regards

Laura

Contact Us Unit


Ironic seems hardly the word.

1 comment:

  1. What are the chances even Laura doesn't exist? Just a name thrown up by a computer programme to personalize an automatic message?

    ReplyDelete