Saturday, April 13, 2013

This is a Wonderful Site

Live video feeds from churches around the country, as well as some abroad.

Some of them only broadcast during Mass times. But many of them broadcast round the clock. I absolutely love this idea. I love the idea that you could log onto the site in the early hours (I've done it) and see the inside of a church, as it actually is at that moment. It's very comforting.

I have become more bold about telling non-religious people I am keeping them in my prayers. They usually seem touched. As well as its supernatural effects, prayer and worship has such a strong emotional power, too. I find an endless pleasure in the knowledge that, at any given moment, Mass is being said somewhere, and rosaries are being recited, and the Eucharist is being adored, and the Bible is being read, and someone is kneeling alone in a little chapel before the solemn glow of a Sacred Heart lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment