Irish Papist

Irish Papist
Me and General Robert Lee

Friday, February 21, 2014

My Movie Reviews

Here are some movie reviews I wrote for Weekend Base, my friend Anna's website, from 2010 to 2012. They are reviews of:

The Bridges of Madison County, by request of Anna. I actually started reading the novella a few months before watching the movie, mostly because I like the title so much.

The Dukes of Hazzard. I will go to my grave insisting that this is a greatly underrated movie.

Trading Places

Dead of Night, the second-best horror film ever made after The Wicker Man

Dinner for Schmucks

Grown Ups, another unfairly-treated movie

The Expendables


Salt, a spy film starring Angelina Jolie

And Cinema Paradiso, which Anna asked me to review.

2 comments:

  1. Disagree about Trading Places. Classic status assured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, thinking about it three years later, I agree with you! I still feel the ending (I mean, the very final scene) is very poor and very abrupt.

    ReplyDelete