Friday, March 21, 2014

Should the Man Make Worlds?

The Man Who Could Make Worlds, after a fairly successful beginning, has suffered from falling 'ratings' (or blog statistics) as it has gone along. Does anyone want me to continue with it?

I'm not terribly attached to the story, and it's the novel I least enjoyed writing. To be honest, I think it rather goes downhill after a good start. If I was writing it now, I would make it much more fantastic and imaginative. The fictional world that is spun out of Billy's imagination is not especially, well, imaginative, and far too hobbled with realism and plausibility. I never got lost in the story like I did in others.

But, well, if anyone wants it I'll keep posting it.

7 comments:

  1. Yes, he should! I have only not been reading it because I am rather busy at the moment, but am going to come back and catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'll keep going. You might be the only person left reading soon....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, keep going. It's nothing like my usual fare, but that could be a good thing . . . I have rather narrow reading habits.
    As for blog stats, I usually read from my RSS reader (feedly), without clicking. Perhaps that does not register as a hit . . . but I do read.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does a vote from me, myself and I count as three? It's good reading. -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly, your definitely have at least three votes! But I would have kept going if a single person wanted it anyway. Thank, and thank you to Anonymous for his/her kind words too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would definitely say yes as I am just lagging behind when it comes to reading. I find the story really enjoyable, but if you would rather not as you don't have much interest in it yourself then that's understandable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, now that I've started serializing the Bard's Apprentice again I think I'll put The Man Who Could Make Worlds on hold. Serializing two novels at once would be a bit odd. But I do hope to start posting more of my Hundred Nightmares soon.

    ReplyDelete