Sunday, May 25, 2014

I've just Discovered that Rotten Tomatoes has a "Worst One Hundred" List of Movies

I've seen six out of the hundred: Cheaper By the Dozen 2, Surviving Christmas, Deck the Halls, Date Movie, The Fog and Godsend. And I would only the dispute the inclusion of one of them, which is The Fog (a 2005 remake of the 1980 John Carpenter original). I thought this was a passable enough horror, no worse than any number of others I've seen. In visual terms, it was even a cut above most.

Surviving Christmas is the one that stands out to me. I think it must be one of the nastiest and most misanthropic movies I've ever seen. There was something uniquely bleak about it-- I felt tainted walking out of the cinema.

I'd love to see Battlefield Earth.

I paid to see all but one of the above movies. I left Cheaper by the Dozen 2 after about twenty minutes. I sat through all the others, for some reason, even though I often walk out of movies early.

Here is the list. I've just realized it is in fact only the worst movies of the decade prior to 2009.

2 comments:

  1. It seems it was taken down. You leave the cinema early often? Do you not feel awkward doing that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. I feel awkward about eighty-five per cent of the things I do, but it never occurred to me to feel awkward about leaving the cinema early!

    ReplyDelete