Irish Papist

Irish Papist
Statute of the Blessed Virgin in Our Lady Seat of Wisdom Church, UCD Belfield

Thursday, May 28, 2015

My Free Poetry Collection, and Other Stuff....

Readers who have been reading this blog a while may know that I've serialised some fiction (all otherwise unpublished) here in the past. My novel The Bard's Apprentice was serialised here from beginning to end, and I was gratified by the response it got.

I had started serialising other works of fiction, but it's been dragging on years now and several of them remain half-serialised.

So I decided, why not just send them to whoever wants them? If anybody wants them.

If anyone wants the whole of The Snowman: A Horror Story, just send me an email. (Though I should warn that it is really a first draft and there is at least one character who appears rather portentously and is never mentioned again. But it is a coherent narrative, of some sort.) And the same goes for my collection of Daisy Duke horror stories A Hundred Nightmares, with prologue and epilogue. I think I've published about two-thirds of these here, but I never got round to publishing the rest.

Also, some people like my poems, so I think I will cobble together all the poems I have on my hard drive and send those too. (Unless you beg me not to.) I can then give them a collective title, which I always wanted to do. (Addendum, a little later: I have now put together a collection to which I've given the title When the Wind Howls on a Winter's Night. It includes many of the poems I've published on the blog, but quite a lot of unublished ones. I had fun putting it together, including some photographs I'd taken myself, along with others I robbed off the internet. Free on request.)

I write to be read. If nobody reads something, and it just gathers e-cobwebs on a computer hardrive, what's the point?

My email address is Maolsheachlann@gmail.com.   

No comments:

Post a Comment