Irish Papist

Irish Papist
Statute of the Blessed Virgin in Our Lady Seat of Wisdom Church, UCD Belfield

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Simon Coveney is Against Unrestricted Abortion

Or so it seems.

We should be grateful for small mercies, I suppose.

I know "they're all as bad as each other" is a political cliché, and very often an excuse for lazy thinking, but really...ever since the 2015 same-sex "marriage" referendum, when the Irish political class, right, left and centre (with the exception of a few obscure backbenchers), supported the redefinition of marriage en masse, I have nothing but contempt for Irish politics. At election time, I vote for the candidate who claims to be pro-life and has the best chance of getting in. That's it. If there was an anti-EU candidate, I would vote for him or her, but pro-life would trump anti-EU. (Hey, look, I got "pro-life", "trump", and "anti-EU" into one sentence...)

1 comment:

  1. I noticed Iona's piece about the religious order in Belgium that said it will allow euthanasia in it's institutions. That has to be a new low

    ReplyDelete