Thursday, March 7, 2013

I Really Like the Sound of This Guy

Fr. Dwight Longenecker is writing profiles of various papabile cardinals, and though I had never even heard of Cardinal Gianfranco Ravasi, I very much like what Fr. Longenecker writes about him.

He is a scholar, he is a communicator, and he is responsible for the Courtyard of the Gentiles initiative-- an international series of events in which secular thinkers and religious thinkers can talk to each other about religion and related topics.

I like the sound of him because I think having an intellectual Pope wins immense respect in the secular world, and also because nothing should be more urgent to Catholics than the New Evangelization, and the reconversion of Europe and other historic Christian heartlands.

Of course, the Holy Spirit will decide, and will make the right choice. But it's fun to speculate, and to choose a horsie.

No comments:

Post a Comment