Wednesday, June 11, 2014

800 posts!

I just noticed that I've put up 799 posts since October 2011, when I started this blog. So I may as well make this a celebratory eight hundred.

800 A.D. was, of course, the date that Charlemagne was crowned Holy Roman Emperor by the Pope. It's also traditionally the length of time that Ireland has been oppressed by the British, ever since King Henry II landed here in 1171. ("For eight hund-ar-ed years...." etc. etc. etc.)

I can't think of anything else to associate with the number. Any suggestions?

I've had 167,166 visitors in that time. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Anyway, thanks be to the good Lord for bringing all those readers to it, and for the robust health of my fingers that continue tapping the words out. And thanks to the readers themselves-- that's you! Thanks!

2 comments: