Monday, January 30, 2017

A Wonderful Example of Respectful Discussion between an Atheist and a Catholic

Dave Rubin interviews Bishop Robert Barron, and they actually talk to each other rather than past each other.

I've had good things to say about Michael Voris recently, after having criticised him for years. I think he's doing good work. 

However, I think he's harsh on Bishop Barron. Sometimes I think the good Bishop goes a bit too far trying to find "seeds of holiness" in the culture, but I'm a big fan on the whole.

I'm glad the New Atheist moment is past. Yes, I think polemic is often justified, and I think political correctness needs to be squashed mercilessly. But, for preference, I would always prefer a civilised debate with those who disagree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment